Although I was on a hiatus from blogging, I wasn’t on a break from A Bit Off Center. So what have I been doing while I wasn’t blogging? Here are the highlights…
- Monthly inventory: In January, I generated a list of pots to make each month which (among other things) includes 35 mugs. I have managed to meet the monthly goals – so I have been at the wheel a lot.
- Shows: We participated in several shows: Peakfest (Apex, NC), Artsplosure (Raleigh, NC), Lazy Daze (Cary, NC), and Matthews Alive! (Matthews, NC).
- Dinnerware: We developed dinnerware sets for several of our glaze patterns – just because I wanted to (although Julie will tell you it was because I needed plates).
- Commissions: We completed several private orders one of which included an 8 piece dinnerware set.
- Stores: We continue to have a sell pots at Inkstone Gallery (Winterville, NC), Womancarft (Chapel Hill, NC), and Seagrass (Beaufort, NC). And, we are now at Aria Gifts in Apex, NC.
- Classes: I continued to teach at the Pitt County Arts Council at Emerge. The classes have been fun and included: Living Large in the New Year, Teapots, In the Garden, Christmas in July, I Scream You Scream We all Scream for Ice Cream.
- Travel: We visited our family in Colorado in June. I attended a hand-builidng workshop at Claymakers in July.
- New sous-potter: Perhaps the best thing that happened on my hiatus was the adoption of a new sous-potter! Koko is a vivacious, smart, friendly, and confident dog who joined our family in April. She is happy to spend time with me in the studio.